Thursday, March 5, 2009

stuff i like

This morning on my homepage I saw an article about an underwater photographer, David Doubilet, that has done a series about people. It has a very different feel than most of the underwater portraits I have seen and I dig it. See it here in all its glory.

Also, I thought I would mention the website of one of my closest friends because he spends most of his free time on it, and it kicks ass. It is RideWithGPS.com. It is a website that is useful for cyclists, motorcylists, even drivers, to plan a trip, or to map out a trip they have already taken. It can show them the the geographical as well as the entire elevation map of the trip. In addition to this, the site is also a social networking tool. You can upload photos, write comments on other people's profiles, and meet other people who might be interested in doing a ride or who have experience with the ride themselves. This site is essential for people who road bike or ride motorcycles. 
My friend, Cullen King, one of the two creators of the site, is studying Computer Science at OSU. He spends a considerable portion of his day (oh, 18 hours or so) in front of his two fancy monitors writing code. And the website is doing pretty well too. Well enough that rather than graduate this spring, he will be taking time off school to work on the site full time. I would normally want to kick his ass for this, but I have complete faith that this site will really take off. Kudos, Cullen!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Verelle! I wish I would have seen this before today, your kind words are much appreciated. Loving your dedication to daily blog posts, and I am excited to see the cool flash stuff you come out with :)

    ReplyDelete