Thursday, April 23, 2009

the notebook

Project of recent: designing the free notebook that is given out to SOU students. In previous years a calendar/planner was given out, but starting last year they switched over to notebooks. Within the notebooks are some ads (of course, nothing is REALLY free, is it?) and 8 pages that the University may fill with whatever content they please.

Fortunately I got the job of filling these pages and also designing the cover.

The theme that my supervisor came up with was Campus Resources. So the notebook will be designed around the different resources and support available to students.

The most difficult task for me in all this was coming up with a concept for a theme that I would use on all the pages. After several hours of playing around with different photos and layouts, I came up with the idea to make each page look like a cork board/chalk board. It has a scholarly look, and maybe it's even a little cheesy, but I think it really works with this content.

So for now, I am laying out the different pages as the copy gets forwarded to me.
Example numero uno (not even close to being done yet):

No comments:

Post a Comment