Thursday, January 27, 2011

1*27*11

While I was getting fat over the holidays, I tried something that was absolutely wonderful and that I just had to have the recipe to.

Its called Georgia Bachelor Cake and it tastes like heaven.

I tasted it while I was in Florida; one of my boyfriend's cousins had made it for the gift exchange, and the lucky recipient was kind enough to share a piece with me. I can't say I would have been so kind. Cause it's dang good.

This cake is special because my boyfriend's grandmother used to make a loaf every year for all the bachelors. This is such a calorie-rich cake that I can't help but wonder if the idea behind it is for the bachelors to eat a loaf, and not have to eat again for the rest of the year.

A key part of the deliciousness? The main ingredient: vanilla wafers.


You crumble the vanilla wafers up (I used a rolling pin), and mix it with more sugar, lots of eggs, and other good stuff, like coconut.


You can make it in a fluted tube or a bread loaf pan. I used a bread loaf pan, and reserved a little for a mini fluted tube.


This cake is so flavorful and surprisingly moist. Definitely worth whatever crazy amounts of calories it has.


Georgia Bachelor Cake
from Katherine Edwards
  • 12 oz box vanilla wafers
  • 2 cups sugar (I only used 1, and it was still sweet enough)
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 sticks butter, melted
  • 7 oz coconut
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 300.
Crumble the wafers, add sugar and stir.
Add eggs, milk and butter, and stir to combine.
Stir in coconut and pecans.
Pour into a well buttered and floured bread loaf pan or fluted tube.
Bake 1 hour and 45 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment