Monday, May 3, 2010

5*3*10

We went to the Willamette Week Eat Mobile Food Cart Festival a couple weeks ago. And even though my tummy was not particularly happy with me afterwards, we had a fantastic time sampling from the 30 best food carts in Portland.

Favorites:

Garden State - Sicilian inspired fare. They were sampling a baguette slice topped with mixed greens, cod, and a slice of citrus of some sort. Very fresh tasting.

Mono Malo - Tapas! Unfortunately they were out of the vegetarian option by the time I made it there, but Cory raved about the lamb estofada (stew).

Whiffies Fried Pies - Literally fried pies. So disgustingly delicious that we went back for more the next day. They've got sweet and savory ones. The chocolate peanut butter one melts in your mouth.

Flavour Spot - Waffle sandwiches. This was the one that I consistently heard EVERYBODY rave about. I tried the tiramisu one and it changed the way I feel about waffles forever.

At The People's Pig (pork sandwiches):


No comments:

Post a Comment