Monday, June 14, 2010

6*14*10

Oh my. How does this happen to me. One second everything is so calm, the next I'm on this life rollercoaster. Not a scary one; just a big, happy, unpredictable whirlwind rollercoaster.

But now I'm back to the blog. I've been working on lots of little projects like menus and invitations. Its exciting stuff. However today I'm going to post the recipe for my granola. I made it for my dad last night when I had him over for dinner. We sprinkled it over frozen yogurt and it was very very yummy. He made me promise to give him the recipe.

Granola is very expensive at the store. It just happens to be one of the cheapest and easiest things to make, and tastes best when its fresh anyways. So here it is:















Tasty Granola
4 tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup Honey
3 cups Rolled Oats
1 cup Nuts, chopped (pecans, walnuts, almonds, whatever you have on hand)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Raisins or other dried fruit (optional)

  • Melt butter and honey in a small saucepan over low heat.
  • Mix oats, nuts, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
  • Pour butter and honey over oat mixture and stir to coat.
  • Spread out thinly on a baking sheet and bake at 350, stirring every 5 minutes for about 20 minutes.
  • Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment