Saturday, June 18, 2011

6*18*11

Happy (almost) Fathers Day!

Did you know that summer starts on Tuesday!?! Isn't that just crazy, considering the weather we've been having? Well, I'm being optimistic that things are going to start getting warmer. We've been making some investments in our backyard, so lets start thinking warm thoughts so we can start reaping the rewards.

The flora and fauna report:

Our backyard!


We strung some lights a couple weeks ago. I'm not done either. I just love lights in the backyard and I plan to continue the collection.


I feel like every time we go out there, something new is blooming. Whoever lived here before us sure did know whats what about backyard landscaping. Imagine how excited I was when I discovered these blooming peonies! They're so whimsical!


The garden is... coming along... barely. This lack of sun and gangs of slugs haven't done much for my plants, but I'm staying optimistic. My potatoes and peas are doing well! You can see the trellis I built out of bamboo and electrical wire in this photo.


So, you ready to come visit me and my backyard?

I'll make you a mojito! We've got plenty of mint! And after a few of them we might even be able to convince ourselves it's sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment