Sunday, January 18, 2009

Capstone Project

I have REALLY been putting this off. I certainly don't want to make excuses, but with two jobs, 12 credits, and a personal crisis that I am (reluctantly) having to deal with, I am as stressed as I have EVER been. I am giving it my all to stay sane and enrolled. In order to do that I will get this out of the way. So here goes:

Verelle's Personal Website Project

This term I would like to create a website for my artwork.

I need a website that showcases my design work and maybe also my photography (although it might be appropriate to create a separate site). I originally intended to create this site in dreamweaver, a program I would have to learn, but now that I am learning Flash it seems that it might be a realistic option. I would like the site to be a clear representation of my style and be easy to navigate. 

I have so much to learn if I am going to complete this task by the end of the term.
I will need to:
  • Come up with an easy-to-remember and fitting URL.
  • Pick my poison? Dreamweaver or Flash? I will need help figuring this part out.
  • Draw up a layout for the site.
  • Compile my portfolio.
  • Do the dirty work of building the site.
  • Probably about 30 other steps that I just can't think of right now.
I am going to need some serious tutorials if I am going to learn a new program in just 8 weeks. Maybe Lynda.com? 
Also maybe some Alprazolam. 

I don't know if this idea for a Capstone project is a realistic expectation. I know that there are far easier things that I could choose, like setting up my job at the Bookstore (working as a graphic design/promotions assistant) as an internship, for example. 

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. making a website to house an art portfolio is a good idea, me thinks. Go with dreamweaver, its much easier to learn and you get a lot more out of it in a much smaller amount of time. I you master dreamweaver and then have time, maybe gussy your page up with some interactive flash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good, Verelle. Keep thinking about the overall process. Collect and post your own work on your blog. Find and link to other sites that are inspiring to you. Start drafting site designs in photoshop. Take notes on what you want to include in your site. Think pre-production first, then production.

    ReplyDelete