Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Some Place New

The assignment was to go someplace we have never been before. Again.
It is not exactly a place I have never been, but I got the keys to my new apartment yesterday, and before that I hadn't been there for more than just a few minutes. Because it has a washer and dryer, I have been saving all my dirty laundry until I got the keys. So yesterday I brought over a load and hung out there until I had clean clothes again.
I inspected the place for damage so that management could not take it out of my deposit when I moved out. I unpacked a few things. I washed a few dishes.
And then I wandered around the place aimlessly. I tried to get a feel for it, get an idea of where I would put my furniture. I thought about what artwork I would put in which rooms. I thought about who my new roommate might be. I also thought about how happy I am to be able to filter through my belongings and start anew in this place.
And then I realized that the place doesn't have toilet paper yet, but I realized a little too late...

No comments:

Post a Comment