Monday, January 26, 2009

Inspiration and Perspiration

Just looking at some other sites for some inspiration for my website. They say mockery is the highest form of flattery, right?

I began by looking at the website of wedding photographers because I have a whole list of them, and they have the same general concept that I am going for: an online portfolio. So here are some I like with notes:

Cohn Frankel Photography doesn't have the best home page, but I like that in the galleries it auto scrolls with big photos and the ability to navigate to other photos. Not such a big fan of the homepage though, with all the small script on the lower half.

Danielle Gillette's Photography
website is another flash site. I like how easy it is to navigate, and see all the menu options while looking at the portfolio.

Shazam has a simple but efficient online portfolio.

I know that I want my site to be a reflection of my style as a designer. Above all it needs to be easy to navigate.

I DON'T know where to go from here. Dreamweaver tutorials? Or just flash? Will I need to pay for Lynda.com?

I guess that I will just start drawing some ideas for a layout in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Yes--work on layout ideas
    2. For sure--start assembling everything that might go into your portfolio.
    3. Start hacking with some experimental bits and pieces of ActionScript and Flash. You know enough to animate the intro page of the Shazam site, for instance. Also,try importing photos to Flash--we can cover this in class too.

    ReplyDelete