Wednesday, November 17, 2010

11*17*10

I have a short attention span. I rarely make it through movies, books, even TV shows. Something else always pops into my mind mid-task, and then I lose it, I'm off to the next thing. Art projects get set aside, then picked back up weeks, or months, later.

This same need for variety also applies to food. Do I want to make pumpkin bread? Yes! Do I want to eat it every morning for the next week. Oh. Hell. No.

So there's this problem. Most recipes that I would like to make are for about 12 people. And even though I can eat, I just get bored with it.

This morning I wanted granola. And fruit. But I didn't want to make a whole batch of granola that would inevitably sit in the cupboard and go bad before I could finish it. So I came up with a personal breakfast dish for one.


It involved a very cute baking dish, a couple small apples, and a mini lemon. Cute!


And cinnamon.


The apples get tossed with a bit of cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon in the baking dish.


Then prepare a bit of granola on the stovetop to spread on top of the apples.


It's going to make your home smell like a million bucks. And you're mother will be proud.

Personal Apple Granola Crisp

1 Large or 2 Small Apples
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Cornstarch
Dash Cinnamon
Dash Salt

Mix the above ingredients together and place in a small baking dish.

2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons Honey
1 tablespoon Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 cup Oats
1 tablespoon Sliced Almonds
1 tablespoon Coconut Flakes

Melt the butter and honey together in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add the flour, oats, almonds and coconut and stir until evenly coated.
Spread over the apples.
Cover the dish with foil.
Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
Uncover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the granola is pleasantly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment