Sunday, November 21, 2010

11*21*10

This week I hosted my very first since moving to Portland CRAFT NIGHT! I feel super middle-aged-suburban-soccer-mom for admitting it, but craft night is a great time. Of course, in my house craft night also involves a free flowing wine and some rather R-rated conversation. That keeps things un-soccer mom.

Christmas is coming up, so we made tree ornaments, using instructions from Martha Stewart. Eventually they'll look like this:


Right now they're about halfway finished, hanging in the dining room. I think they actually look very beautiful in their half-finished state.


I've got several other ideas for future craft days and potential homemade Christmas presents:

Embroider some super cute images onto my pillowcases, like this one, courtesy of Alicia Paulson.

Make a festive wreath that all the neighbors will be jealous of.

Sew up some aprons for friends. Also, Cory is going to need one for all the dinners he makes me.

Make some flavored sugars, like the lavendar vanilla sugar that Joy makes.

Infuse spirits (basil vodka for bloody marys?) for Christmas presents, and keep a stash for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment