Monday, February 28, 2011

2*28*11

There is one good reason why I haven't been around here much lately. The classic excuse: I've been busy! I've been busy with work (going on 8 straight days in a row...), but before you feel too sorry for me, I've also been busy having a lot of fun!

This Saturday, I participated in the first ever Cartathlon! It is hosted by the Willamette Week and its basically a big race and scavenger hunt by foot and public transportation, where the winning team gets free food cart food for a year! I wanted to win!!!


Tasks might include spelling out your teams name with french fries from Potato Champion...


...or eating a giant sandwich from Big Ass Sandwiches. This one had roast beef, ham, french fries, onions, and a killer cheese sauce on a super tasty piece of bread. It was enormous and delicious! I ate the french fries and onions and picked around the meat because I'm a team player.


This is my team. Go Hungry Hippos!


The best part: at the end was a party. Free beer (from Coalition Brewery) and wine. And a double decker bus filled with my friends to enjoy it in!


My ass is still sore from all the running, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Can't wait for next year's Cartathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment