Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4*12*11

Yesterday I celebrated the birth of the woman who birthed me.


Isn't she beautiful? First we went Sake tasting.


Then went for a walk under the blue sky and spring blooms.


Then had some pretty and tasty Thai food.


And finally, pink cake!
I was especially pleased with how this cake turned out. Here's how it works, friends:

I started with white cake batter and 3 lined cake pans (you can use more).
I added some red dye to the batter to turn it a light pink, then poured 1/3 into a pan.
Then added some more red dye to make it a medium pink, then poured half into the next pan.
Then added even more red dye to make it a dark pink, pouring the rest into the last pan.

I think you get the idea. Then I just iced it with a vanilla bean buttercream icing (which is super easy to make!), sprinkled some coconut on top, and all done! Pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment