Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4*27*11

I joined a book club (a.k.a. friends that get together and make a themed dinner and drink lots of wine club), and have finally had the opportunity to read a book, then have a half intelligent conversation with other adults who have also recently read the book. It's great.

Tonight we meet to talk about the book Sex at Dawn. It is one of the best books I have ever read. Incredibly insightful, it was named by Audible.com as Best Book of 2010, it was on NPR's Favorite Books of 2010, and is highly praised by Dan Savage.

Read it. Now.


So, friends. Or anyone who reads this blog. Anyone. I need your help.

I think that it will be my turn to choose the book very soon. And I want to know: What is your favorite book? Please respond in the comments. It would be so much appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Verelle! The Time-Travelers Wife, The Four Spirits, The Handmaid's Tale, The Red Tent, The Hunger Games (it's much deeper than first glance will lead you to believe). Good luck! We used to take turns picking books as well and I always felt a lot of pressure to pick a good one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently, my favorite books are: The Time Traveller's Wife, One Day (David Nicholls), Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Jonathan Safran Foer), The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet (Reif Larsen)...and some German books, but they probably wouldn't be a good choice for your book club ;).

    ReplyDelete