Wednesday, July 6, 2011

7*6*11

It is so summer. It is so awesome.

Summer. Awesome. Ice cream. What?!?

There's this new app for iphone: IceCreamSpot Pro. It finds ice cream shops near your location!


With or without this groovy app, I've got a couple on my bucket list to check out this summer.

The first one is Ruby Jewel on Mississippi Ave. I've tried their ice cream sandwiches, and they are to die for! This place seems to be the holy grail of ice cream in Portland.


Next, I want to get the full Fifty Licks experience. They're a food cart located on Belmont St, but occasionally they travel around to different events. You may remember that I tried their Caramelized Apple at Eat Mobile food cart festival. It was heavenly, and ever since I've been craving a full scoop!


Then there's the even newer food cart Salt & Straw on Alberta. This cart is "farm-to-cone", meaning they source from local vendors, and has flavors like Pear with Blue Cheese, and Brown Ale with Bacon. Let's go there. Right. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment