Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8*10*11

It's my birthday. And I was given 4 giant zucchinis.


What to do with 4 giant zucchinis?

Only one thing. And its two words: Zucchini Bread.

Miss Heidi Swanson over at 101 Cookbooks has a pretty killer recipe. It has lots of spice and hardly any sugar, and I just had to try it. (I also just bought her newest cookbook and freaking loving it! More on that later...). It's got curry, poppyseeds, nuts... basically everything you could ever want in a quick bread.


The recipe calls for 3 eggs. I had two. So I went to my neighbors to borrow one. They gave me a dozen still warm (like from the chicken warm) fresh eggs. I call that birthday present number 2.


The bread and muffins I made with this recipe turned out amazing. But I'm going to be frank: as deliciously healthy as zucchini bread is, it just doesn't photograph that well. Good thing my kitty does. I know you're really just here to see pictures of my kitty anyways.


i haz zukene bred!!! meaaw!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment