Wednesday, August 17, 2011

8*17*11

What a fabulous weekend I had. The only problem was that it was too short. A whirlwind, in fact. Please excuse the poor quality of photos. All I had was my iphone.

After driving up to Seattle late Friday night, we stayed at our friends Bobby and Michelle's place. Michelle was out of town, but Bob was a great host. He must have sensed my butter/flour addiction, because he took us to a fantastic little pastry shop in Ballard on Saturday morning. Apricot galette, anyone?


After a tasty breakfast, we drove to Anacortes to catch a ferry to Orcas Island. I think this is when the vacation mentality was really beginning to take hold. There's nothing to do on a ferry except read, play a few games of Sudoku, and stare out the window.


We were on Orcas Island to attend a wedding at Rosario Resort. Another 5 star wedding! This is the view from the wedding site:


The morning after living it up with bridal party and friends, we hopped on our friends sail boat. They were on a week-long sailing trip in the San Juans, and agreed to meet us in the harbor where we were staying. It was my first time on a sail boat, and man was it exhilarating! I even got to steer!

We sailed on in to Roche Harbor on the San Juan Island. What a beautiful little town.


We enjoyed the sun, the sunset, a few cans of beer, a fantastic dinner, and the company of great friends.


I think I just got a small taste of my dream retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment