Monday, August 8, 2011

8*8*11

I pretty much had my dream Portland date yesterday. And I got to spend it with a very special man: my Dad.

Here's how it went: we started out at Little Big Burger, enjoying veggie burgers, truffle oil fries and a PBR for me.

Then we went next door to Penzey's Spices. I stocked up on sweet curry and vanilla beans and we sniffed lots and lots of spices. Best things you can sniff.

Then we wandered over to Powells city of books. I had a gift card here from a very very sweet couple, so we got to do lots of book browsing. Actually, I hardly made it past the cookbook section. More on that later.

Finally, we did a little jog over to Saint Cupcake's new location on SW Morrison for a sweet treat. Oh lordy. This is quite possibly the best EVER way to end a Portland date. Of all the cupcake places in town, and there are a good number of them, Saint Cupcakes are certainly the best. So moist and delicious.


It's more than just cupcakes though, so we had to do a little sampling, of course. We tried the bonbonbumbums (which were similar to a donut hole), a cinnamon roll (which was much crispier than the ones I'm most accustomed to), and a chocolate espresso cupcake.


Thanks for the great date, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment