Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8*18*10

I made cookies. For a boy. Actually, I'll take any excuse to bake, so if you're a girl or a boy, in dire need of cookies, just let me know. I'll hook you up.

This boy was supposed to go on a backpacking trip. So I made Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies. But the trip got canceled. So more time with the boy for me. :)

I'm totally hooked on that vanilla bean syrup I used in that ice cream last week. I think from now on I'll be using that exclusively, unless I'm going for a more subtle vanilla flavor.


















Pecans are great in cookies. Mostly because I'm not allergic to them like I am walnuts.



































It is extremely important when you are baking cookies for someone else that you try them. Instead of actually waiting for the cookies to finish baking, I decided to have some of the dough with that homemade vanilla ice cream. Delicious!


















Oh yeah, they should be sampled after they're done baking, too. Just to be safe.





1 comment:

  1. I agree. Always taste test! Before and after. Critical part of gift baking.

    ReplyDelete