Friday, August 27, 2010

8*27*10

My sister came over for dinner the other night. I got to cook for her. I got to show her some of my skillz.

First I showed her how fast I can pop open a bottle of wine. Its really impressive.

Then I made her some food. I took a recipe from the book that we gave each other for our birthdays, Cooking with the Wines of Oregon. The recipe: Aramenta Hazelnut-Crusted Halibut with Beurre Rouge. I know, FANCY!


Hazelnuts are great. Very Oregon and very very delicious.


The wine gets cooked down to a syrup, then cream and butter is added. Wine+butter+cream=AMAZING. You didn't need me to tell you that. You already knew.


I didn't use halibut though. I used Sea Bass. It was on sale. And its a fantastic fatty fish with a lot of flavor.


1 comment:

  1. It was amazing! everyone should have you make dinner for them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete