Friday, December 17, 2010

12*17*10

I had an interview yesterday.

For a job that I really want.

I prepared.

I did lots of research about the company. I reviewed typical interview questions. I dusted off my portfolio. I put on some nice slacks and a pretty sport coat. I washed and straightened my hair and put on my hipster glasses.

I took the bus downtown. I met with a really awesome woman that knows way more about graphic design and being awesome than I could ever hope to know.

And then I opened my mouth.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I am so awkward.

I'm not saying it went poorly. In fact I think (and hope) that it went really really well. But I'm not exactly the best speaker. Especially when I'm nervous.

And I can't help but imagine that perhaps she would have been just a bit more impressed with me if I'd brought her these cookies. They're really good cookies. Maybe I would have made a really good impression. I would have explained to her that I would be bringing in baked goods like these all the time. Whether my coworkers liked it or not. Just because I think my coworkers are so rad.


These cookies are tasty because they're sweet and salty...


...and crunchy!!! Thanks to some value corn flakes.


Sweet, salty, crunchy, awesome!


Spanish Peanut Cookies

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
  • 1 cup salted peanuts
  • 1/2 cup corn flakes, finely crushed
For Icing:
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon warm water
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream the butter and sugar.
Add egg and beat well.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
Add the flour mixture to the butter and blend.
Add the remaining dry ingredients, combining well after each one.
Drop batter by the rounded spoonful onto a cookie sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
Beat together icing ingredients, and drizzle over cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment