Friday, December 31, 2010

12*31*10



The most beautiful sunset I've ever seen, in Ios, Greece

I'm not normally one for making New Years resolutions. But earlier this month my sweetie told me that his resolution would be to become more of a morning person. Being the half that wakes up around 6:30, bright-eyed and bushy tailed every morning, I told him that I was excited for it, and that I would need it in writing. It also prompted me to think about what sort of positive changes I would like to make for myself.

After contemplating the various things that I would like to change or improve in 2011, I came up with one consistent theme: that I need to be more assertive.

While I am a firm believer that my positive attitude and generous use of my smile have greatly attributed to my success thus far in life, I'm also coming to the realization that I could benefit from behaving more confidently.

I believe this is going to get me a lot further, for example, in the workplace. In my current position, I've noticed that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The employees that get the best shifts, most hours, etc., aren't necessarily the best at their jobs. They're the ones that speak up when they don't get those things, rather than cower and hope it works out better next time like I far too often do.

I could go on and on about how being a more assertive person in 2011 is going to totally rock my world, but really, this just isn't that sort of blog. I'm a visual artist, not a writer.

So, CHEERS, friends!!! Happy 2011! Here's to us having fun and beautifully manifested new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment