Thursday, May 19, 2011

5*19*11

I just came back from a seriously awesome trip.

My honey and I went to Kure Beach, North Carolina for my best friend, Loren's wedding to her honey, Ronnie. It was fantastic. Lots of relaxation and fun, and maybe a few tears of joy. I really felt disconnected from life at home. Work, house remodel, bills... not a teeny bit of room for any of that in my thoughts during that week.

Shortly after arriving Wednesday we attended a "Pig Pickin'" at Loren's grandparent's. I don't eat pig (neither does Loren), but I was still impressed. I hear so many wonderful things about Carolina BBQ.


The next day we attended the bridal shower. It was super fun to play games and celebrate our beautiful bride-to-be.


There was also some really fantastic food there. I picked up a recipe that I'll probably post about. And check out these cupcakes! Is it any surprise that I probably gained about 10 pounds while on this trip?


We were staying in a big house on the beach with friends of the bride from Oregon, and friends of the groom from New York. What a fun mix! And within just a few days of the trip, I'd say we were all friends.


Friday was the rehearsal. Followed by the rehearsal dinner. Where I consumed some of the tastiest food I've ever put in my mouth. It was prepared by Ronnie's sister. OMG. If I hadn't been so overwhelmed by all the deliciousness, I might have thought to take some pictures of it.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment