Sunday, May 8, 2011

5*8*11

It's been so long since I've gotten to spend some quality time with myself in the kitchen. I make salads for dinner, and crepes for breakfast, but I've been really itching for some baking time.

So, with my one day off, I decided to sleep all the way in to 7 (AM), and make banana bread. Good, old fashioned, full sugar, white flour, banana bread.


Usually I try to keep it healthy. Don't want to pack on the L-B's. But with banana bread, I just don't think it tastes the same without a liberal portion of sugar and all the gluten of white flour.


And besides... I wasn't making this for me. It's for my neighbor, who's watching the cat while we're gone next week. :)


Banana Bread
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 2/3 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream the butter and sugar.
Mix in the eggs, followed by the bananas and water.
In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet.
Pour into a greased and floured bread pan.
For a 9" pan, bake 50-60 minutes, or for an 8" pan bake up to 1 hr 30 min.
Bread is perfecto when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment