Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5*24*11

There's a lot of things I make for myself. Crepes: every few weekday mornings. I'm the only one who eats them. And I loooove them. Falafel: I know Cory doesn't like it, but I do, so tough shit, we're having it for dinner. Ha!

But occasionally I am selfless. Actually most of the time that I bake, I do it because I am hoping that it will make somebody really happy.


This weekend I made another batch of homemade pop tarts for my lover.

He's definitely deserving of it. He works hard at his 9-5 (which is often much longer than 9-5). He has been putting in lots of work on the bathroom remodel. He's been nice in the morning (and that's a real big change!) And let's not forget that he's ridiculously handsome. Duh.

So, yeah, he totally deserves some pop tarts :)


A nice element of this particular batch of pop tarts is the whole wheat flour.

But what really makes them is the apple butter given to us by Cory's uncle.


It's super delicious encased in super buttery dough.


Pop tarts. Make 'em for your lover.


Get the recipe here. And consider using some whole wheat flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat, 1 cup whte). It makes them wholesomely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment