Friday, April 16, 2010

4*16*10

OHMYFUCKINGGAWD.

What a roller coaster the last couple days have been. Where do I even begin?

How about here: yesterday, while working on my portfolio (and taking a break from napping), my computer suddenly didn't want to boot up. I opened it, pushed the power button, and... click. click. click. Cory said it sounded like a faulty hard drive, and after taking my baby into The Mac Store, it was confirmed. I'd lost everything.

While I did have some things backed up, I didn't have everything. It sucks. I'm not going to go into the boring details of all the things I DID lose. Lets just leave it at this: all of this is just not fun. Especially when you are working on the portfolio that you are about to present to some really amazing design directors and other important people.

So it goes.

And so, I bought a new computer. I'll still be fixing my dusty old MacBook, but I'd been wanting to get a new one anyways. I just hadn't wanted to lose all my work and digital possessions in the process.

I bought a 21.5" iMac. She's beautiful. Actually I just bought her a few hours ago, and have hardly had a second to eat, let alone open the box, but I'm sure she is going to be great.

The box was one of my first possessions to go into my new apartment, though. Thats right! On top of all this chaos, I signed the lease to my new place this morning!!! I am so excited! I LOOOVE it!

And now, I am preparing myself for the portfolio presentation this evening. I hope I'm there. My portfolio isn't as polished as it could be, like if I had a fully functioning computer, but here we go anyways...

Then this weekend, I will be painting my apartment in between shifts at Isabels. I went with a really neutral color. I know, boring. But I think it will allow me to play around with color in other areas, like the curtains.

Then Monday I'll move in. If I can stay sane until then. Wish me luck, I'll probably need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment