Thursday, September 16, 2010

9*16*10

So, we've already established that I'm now a Portlander. Officially. And in order for me to actually find satisfaction in that I am going to need to do one very important thing: embrace this damn weather. Not that you won't hear me bitching about it some (I mean, really, 6 days of rain in the forecast!?!), but I do need to at least learn to live with it.

See, I went into my kitchen and looked out the window this morning and look what I saw:


Do you see those red trees in the distance? Yep. Fall. And those overcast skies. That's Portland.

I also listened to the rain all night. It was kind of romantic.

So, on to this embracing business. I warmed up my itty bitty apartment by making chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and drinking about twice my usual amount of tea. I feel cozy now.


Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book

3/4 cup butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1//2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
shake of nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.
Put butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Beat in flour.
Stir in oats, then chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are light brown.
Stir in

No comments:

Post a Comment