Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9*29*10

I have been so busy. Too busy to make it to the bank and deposit my last three paychecks. Too busy to finish a couple simple documents for the website I'm building. Too busy to do the dishes (well, that and I don't want to).

But somehow there's always time to bake.

This week it was pumpkin muffins. They were delicious.


I got the recipe from Penzey's Spices (more on that later). It was a sweet potato recipe, but I modified it to meet my needs.


Whole wheat flour was used, so they're pretty healthy, and totally deserving of some cinnamon and sugar on top.


Pumpkin Muffins
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • for topping: 2 tablespoons sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375.
Cream the butter. Add sugar, beating on medium speed.
Add eggs, beating well after each one.
Stir in pumpkin and milk.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Add the dry mixture to the wet, stirring until just moistened.
Spoon batter into lined muffin cups.
Top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake for 25-27 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment