Thursday, September 9, 2010

9*9*10

Applying for job after job. Waiting tables. Not making a living wage. Trying to keep my teeny tiny apartment clean enough to live and work in it.

It gets exhausting.

I try to stay posi most of the time, but good lord, sometimes I feel like I'm losing it. Creatively mostly. I seem to lose all zeal for even the simple and fun creative tasks, like coming up with a color palette or finding fonts.

So... days like today... everyone gets them.

I decided to deal with this particular brain fart by getting out of the house for a couple hours. I went down to the library because I had a book on hold. And thats where I stumbled upon this great book that I am now completely engrossed in: The Wild Things by Dave Eggers. This is definitely one of those books that's a mini vacation every time you pick it up. Mini vacation into the mind of a small boy. Fun, not gross. Just fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment