Thursday, September 30, 2010

9*30*10

I've had an epiphany:


Ha! No shit, right. So I guess its not really so much of an epiphany, as something that I am learning to accept.

For most of my life I've had a general direction. And that direction, for the most part was upward and the focus has been on education, and getting my bachelors degree.

Well, now I have it (and I did it well, I must say). I have to figure out what to do next. And unlike in school there's no clear cut path to getting to wherever that is.

Probably the hardest part about all of it: there is no right or wrong. There are about a million different directions, and none of it is good or bad necessarily. I just have to choose one.

And then find a route to go about getting there. I no longer have a large collection of professors at my disposal. I have to be innovative in the ways that I educate myself.

So yeah, being an adult is hard. Being an adult artist, I think, is even harder. So I am reading this book now (its a "program to recover your creativity from a variety of blocks"). Please, keep your fingers crossed that it does me some good. Cause this artist could use some real guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment