Thursday, March 11, 2010

3*12*10

My favorite thing in the whole world: my mom.

And then somewhere else on the top ten: bakeries! Portland's got lots of 'em, and so many of them are so damn good.

So far I've visited:
  • Bakery Bar - So far, its my favorite. Those biscuits are heavenly.
  • Sweet Pea - Vegan, but you would never know. Love their Bacun Schmear.
  • Pearl Bakery - A classic for loafs.
  • Lovejoy Bakery - The pastries are good, but the location and the hotties working the counter are the real treat.
Now, my wish list of bakeries I would like to visit:
  • Nuvrei - I'm embarrassed that I haven't been yet. Its right next to my new job, about 6 blocks from my apartment.
  • Ken's Artisan - I've heard so many wonderful things about this place, especially their pizza.
  • Grand Central Bakery - From Seattle, but a Portland classic as well. They put out an awesome cookbook.
  • Black Sheep Bakery - Vegan. They've gotten some really amazing reviews.
This list is really only the beginning. Let the carb-loading begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment