Monday, March 29, 2010

3*29*10

This last Saturday I went to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox with my honey bear at the Laurelhurst Theater (which is awesome, by the way, because its only $3 and you can have cheap beer and pizza). I hadn't realized that it was written by Roald Dahl, and when I remarked about this to Cory, he said he didn't know who Roald Dahl was. And all of a sudden I couldn't remember any of his work. So I decided to look it up.

Roald Dahl is most famous for his children's stories, such as James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG, The Witches, and Matilda.

However, he also only wrote for adults for the first 15 years of his career. I'd like to read more of this.

From the Roald Dahl website: "Perhaps his most famous story is 'Lamb to the Slaughter', in which a woman beats her husband to death with a frozen leg of lamb and then roasts the murder weapon and serves it up to the policemen who come to question her. 'It wasn't nasty' Roald said, 'I thought it was hilarious. What's horrible is basically funny. In fiction.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment